Dr Khumalo Women's Clinic
We offer a wide range of Reproductive health care
Aftercare Procedures & Instructions
Dr Khumalo Women Clinic provides both medical and surgical abortion procedures safely and effectively, keeping the patient’s wellness in mind at every step. Detailed instructions provided before, during and after each procedure helps to eliminate uncertainty and ensure the patient is completely informed.
Aftercare instructions detail what is safe to do after an abortion procedure and in what time frame, such as sexual intercourse, exercise and work. Most women can return to their daily routine a short time after an abortion and the procedure will not interfere with conception in the future.
We assist you to make the procedure easier
Following post-abortion aftercare and recovery instructions will reduce the chance of complications and ensure a full and safe recovery. These instructions are not complex and will not interfere with your daily routine. Both medical and surgical abortion procedures are safe.
Women Health Care Clinic
Medical Abortion is a safe and effective solution for unwanted pregnancy that we offer. Compared to Surgical Abortion If you have any questions, our medical professionals are always available to help.
What to Expect After a Medical Abortion:
You will experience vaginal bleeding and abdominal cramping after you’ve self-administered the misoprostol pills to complete your medical abortion. This is to be expected, as it is a result of your uterus expelling the pregnancy and indicates that the procedure has been successful.
There are a few other common side effects that may occur after the insertion of the misoprostol medication. Most of these will clear up on their own and are not cause for concern. After you self-administer the misoprostol pills, you may experience the following:
- Blood clots
- Light bleeding/spotting for up to two weeks
Instructions as you recover from your medical abortion:
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent faintness or dizziness. You may eat lightly.
- If you get up from lying down, get up slowly and use support.
- You may use sanitary pads. You should not use tampons.
- There is no sexual intercourse during this process.
- You may pass what appears to be a small glob of tissue in addition to blood clots. Flush anything that you pass down the toilet.
- Eventually, the heavy bleeding and cramping will diminish. You should then rest. Medical abortion has no known effect on future pregnancies. Many women have successfully conceived and delivered a healthy baby later on after a medical abortion, when the time is right and they are ready. visit Dr Khumal Women clinic and speak with a knowledgeable and compassionate medical professional. Call to make an appointment at your convenience 0827014970